Friday, November 28, 2008

It's so frustrating...

My doctor is ordering me to take two weeks off of work. For most people, this would be whee! vacation! or hooray! couch time! But for me, I'm going to spend most of it around people with medical doctorate degrees. I'm so sad, I could burst into a million pieces and vaporize.

I would give anything to feel no pain for a day. Just for a day, even. I don't know what it's like not to hurt. I know that most people can't swallow that concept - nor do they really want to. Once you put yourself into someone else shoes, you find you might care about them and their well-being. And, well, we can't have that in the workplace, now can we?

I will be somewhat out of reach or out of touch to most people for the next few weeks, and I apologize in advance for my slacking on friendships. I know I've let quite a few of my friendships suffer because of this damn illness, and I'm beyond frustrated by it. The friend I used to be is still in there somewhere - I just need to peel off the layers of pain so that I can come back.

For the people I will lean on heavily for the next few weeks, I love you and thank you for your patience with me. I will not always be easy during this transition - but remember that sometimes, the medicine is doing the talking, and I'm just the incoherent bystander, so please be patient.

To Mister Wiwille - I hope I can count on you for some company - maybe some Mario Kart? I miss you, but sometimes... I'm not so sure... if you miss me? I know my sickness and sadness spills over into our conversations - but at least I'm never anything but honest, right? Oh, and Nacho misses you.

Hopefully I will be able to return to work with no negative stigma attached to me just because I have a disability - I think that's probably my biggest fear. I do my job, I do it well, and I do it during VERY odd hours, with a debilitating disease. Maybe I am too proud, but I am proud of myself for my ability to pull through. I think it's justified pride.

Being able to cope is 90% of life... the other 10% comes from the pharmacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment