Sunday, November 30, 2008

Unrequited love is almost a fable...

I'm clueless when it comes to love.

I can usually fake my way through the whole "relationship" thing, but what does that have to do with love?

I mean, relationships have more to do with compromise, faith, trust, compatibility, and mutual adoration than it has to do with... LOVE. Where and when does love come into play?

My parents knew each other for a year, dated for six months, got engaged, and married within a year. That was 28 years ago, and they're still married today, happily, for the majority of the time.

I want to find that kind of companionship. Not just someone who wants to sleep with me, but also is interested in who I am and what I've done, and what I'll do next... I'm curious about what I'll do next, but I want to share that with someone!

I have a someone in my heart and mind; who has been there for awhile... but I have NO idea about their feelings for me. Are we 'just friends' or are we 'friends with potential for more' or 'friends only because I'm dull and don't understand hints' or... 'we feel the same and can't communicate them'.

I have no idea. Is everyone as lost as I am? Or is it really like they say, "you'll know when you meet the right one" and I just haven't met the right one?

No comments:

Post a Comment