Sunday, December 07, 2008

What did I miss?

I have a friend who is... unreliable at best. She is flighty, non-committal, and I will often go weeks without hearing from her. She grew up with her own issues - I won't discount or belittle her seemingly perfect life - we all have our demons.

However, this friend, after spending the night at my house last week, took my last 100 bill out of my wallet without asking, and left a post-it on my wallet saying she'd bring me 100 back that night (it was Sunday so the banks were closed). If the money had come back that night, I don't think I would have been so stressed.

Starting early Monday morning, I began throwing up, had a fever, etc... and went to the Urgent Care unit to get help. Needless to say, I was totally weak and stressed, and on top of that, had lost my debit card and my 'friend' took the last of my cash. On top of THAT, the doctors sent me home still vomiting. Still had a fever, and was complaining of dizziness (BP = 148/101).

I used my credit cards to get me through (having to charge and borrow money from my parents was not in my plan...). I went back to Urgent Care the next day since I was still sick, and again, they sent me home without relief. I was still vomiting, had a fever, and high blood pressure. They gave me fluids, but I had been unable to keep any medicine in my stomach AT ALL for four days. I started to withdrawl from some of the fibro drugs, as well.

I saw my General Doc on Wednesday, where I didn't get any new answers. Was sent home sick again. I was so frustrated. I was tired, sick, and pissed at doctors in general. If a patient is in pain, and they can't keep their meds down, and there is an IV version available... then they should push it, in my opinion. But, no.

So I went to Overlake Emergency. Yep, that will be an excellent bill to pay... but they treated me like I was a human being! They treated me for pain, nausea, and gave me anti-anxiety meds as well, so I could finally get a full night (or day) of sleep. I was thankful to the doctors and staff there - even though I just received the treatment that I SHOULD have received from ANY doctor.

I ended up in Urgent Care again the next night, hoping that my visit to the ER would show them that they weren't doing their job. But no, the doctor treated me like I was seeking narcotics and was there for that reason alone. (I only complained of abdominal pain, headache, and vomiting when admitted).

I never asked for drugs, I asked for HELP. Doctors read my chart notes and decide that I'm an addict and I'm just itching for that next high. Too bad I don't get high from pain pills. Maybe they should consider that my body doesn't really act normally to drugs... I usually require 2x the doses of any medication, compared to 'normal' patients.

By Friday night, I was feeling better (yeah, almost five days of continuous throwing up)... and I'm down to 140lbs at this point. And I texted my friend to get the 100 bucks back... and was met with a ton of attitude. She basically called me a liar (asking if I had really been to the hospital), and yelled at me over text message for not answering her calls during the week. She treated me like it was my fault that she hadn't paid me back yet.

My door is usually unlocked, and she takes full advantage of that when it benefits her. I'm generous with the things I have - food, drinks, etc. I feel like I get walked all over because people assume I have money. I have worked HARD for the things I have; they weren't given to me by Mommy and Daddy.

I don't live with my parents. I pay my bills on time (usually, excluding hospital bills). I have a car - (that I pay for). I certainly don't take money from my friends without asking.

I pay my friends back - WITHOUT THEM HAVING TO ASK - when I do borrow, or if they happen to front me for anything. I wish more people would be considerate to their so-called friends. Either that, or I need to start tossing people out of my life who have proven themselves to be less than trustworthy.

I hate growing up and getting older. Life lessons suck, bad friendships suck, and I'm tired of being treated like a freakin doormat by everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment