Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bad news...

We lost my Aunt Vicky today.

She was my Mom's older sister; and suffered with chronic illness for most of her life. I know that her struggle was long and difficult, and I'm just trying to be at peace with the fact that she is no longer... here. Even though I live far from my Mom's family, I remember the connection we had when I was a kid and carry that with me to this day.

Family is family. It may not be important to some, but to me, it's everything. I'd be nothing without my family. I thank the powers that be for them everyday, but days like today REALLY make you stand up and take notice of what is important in life.

Vicky, you will be missed. You have left an impact on your friends and family that will not soon be forgotten. For me, you will never be forgotten. Please know that I always loved you, even from far away, and that your final peace will bring me great peace.

Now I have to be strong for my Mom - losing her second sister now - she will be distraught. I'm going to try to make the trip to LA with them, if they can go. I think it would do me good to see the rest of my family now. I really, really miss them, and realize that time is precious, especially in moments like these.

Thanks for all of your support, and understanding while I'm laying low for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment